ZRA Annual Conference : Overview
The 2017 ZRA Annual Conference will be hosted by
Columbus Zoo & Aquarium in Columbus, Ohio
25 September -1 October 2017
Registration and the Call for Presentations are OPEN!
To register, click on the 'Register' link to the right.
Annual Conference Hotel
Double Tree Suites by Hilton Columbus Downtown
50 S. Front St, Columbus, Ohio, 43215-4145, USA
Click on the 'Hotel, Shuttle & Dining Information' link to the right for more information on booking your room.
- ZRA's 10th Annual Certified Records Manager (CRM) Examination Preparation Workshop (8:00a.m. - 5:00 p.m, includes lunch and breaks)
- ZRA Board of Directors Meeting (6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., includes dinner)
Tuesday, 26 September 2017
- Pre-Conference Trip - The Wilds (8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
Come explore Ohio's premier drive through Wildlife Conservation Park. You'll have the option of getting an in depth look during behind the scenes tours, taking a tour around the park on horseback or really getting Wild and ziplining over the park's fauna!
- Prices include admission, lunch, and transportation
Wednesday, 27 September 2017
- ZRA Committee Action Planning (Z-CAP) (8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., includes lunch)
- ZIMS Workshop (1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Tracks Workshop (1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Icebreaker (6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.)
Thursday, 28 September 2017
- General Sessions (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
from Columbus Zoo & Aquarium and the 2017 Annual
Conference Leadership Team.
- Optional Outing/Scavenger Hunt (6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.)
Enjoy dinner with your collegues (not included in cost) in the very trendy Short North district and participate in an entertaining Scavenger Hunt which will encourage you to explore this neat and fun part of Columbus!
Friday, 29 September 2017
- Zoological Registrar Training Certificate Program (at hotel, 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.)
- Zoo Day (10:45 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
Day, will be held on Friday, 29 September 2017 at the Columbus
Saturday, 30 September 2017
- Annual Business Meeting and Installation of Officers (8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.)
- General Sessions (10:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Sunday, 1 October 2017
- Post-Conference Trip – the Cleveland Zoo and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.)
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame too! You won’t want to miss this!
Call for Presentations: Open 10 April-
ZRA general sessions feature topics from five categories of presentations under Record Keeping, Wildlife Permits and Legislation, Animal Transport, Records and Collection Management, and Conservation/Other.
Possible topics from each of the five categories will include presentations on ZIMS; Tracks; animal transactions; permit applications; roundtables on permit issues; legislative updates; policies and procedures; accreditation; collection management; disaster preparedness; archives management; records retention, protection and disposal.
ZRA offers a variety of formats for presentations including individual papers, workshops, panel discussions and poster presentations.