Appeal for comments from USFWSAugust 05, 2022
Dear ZRA Membership:
USFWS Division of Management Authority is starting their review of the permit applications that will expire on 31 August 2023. They have reached out to ZRA and asked us to provide feedback on the applications. Our feedback will be considered before the public comment period opens, so this is an exciting opportunity for us to have a positive impact!
The turn-around time is pretty quick, however. I will need all of your comments by 20 August 2022 so that I can compile them in a way that is easy to digest.
DMA is reviewing over 50 forms this year; please don’t feel the need to comment on all of them! Pick your favorite and/or most used and consider the following questions:
- Is the collection of this information necessary?
- Will the information have practical use?
- Are any questions you feel unnecessary?
- Is the DMA estimate on the burden for completing the application forms accurate?
- How can they improve the way the information is requested on the application forms?
- Provide ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information.
Please send your comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the permit application code (“3-200-37a” or “3-200-42,” etc.) and, if applicable, which question on the application you are referring to. If there are examples of things that you do NOT want to change, feel free to point that out as well! Use the subject “USFWS Permit Review” so that I don’t lose your feedback in my inbox!
Visit https://fws.gov/epermits and select “Explore Permits” to check out all the permit applications from the source.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to see the USFWS letter, feel free to reach out as well! Happy commenting!!